Crestridge Maps

<<

olddogdan

Rebel with a Cause

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Crestridge Maps

Thank you Scott. I assume the "trails poster" map will eventually be put on the CER website, as their newsletter said a map was forthcoming. Does CER intend to replace Kevin on the board with another mountain biker /SDMBA member (sorry if the answer is posted elsewhere and i missed it)? That would be great.
Dan Bridges
<<

Scott A

MTB Guru

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Dan, I'm not sure about who will be on the board after Kevin. I suspect SDMBA would prefer that be the case. I may have jumped the gun on releasing this map set. I'm not sure what the map that is released will be. SDMBA made a donation to EDI recently that in part is intended to cover the costs of trail signs at Crestridge.
Honey badger don't care.
<<

Los

MTB Guru

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 pm

I havent heard anything in regards to the board but Gardner is taking over as the liaison for CER and I will be helping like I did before with Kevin. I was just thinking some sort of map to help people get around to the newly built trails from the last year would be good. Rode out there this morning and had 4 different people asking me which way to go. I want to say there is one floating around somewhere, I will poke around and look for it

Heres a big map showing the reserve boundaries http://wikimapia.org/#lat=32.8361833&lo ... 14&l=0&m=b
Carlos O
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
<<

ride00

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I was looking for a map of the trails at Crestridge and ran across this forum.

Looks like there was some talk about getting a map together, or digging one up from somewhere. Does anyone have a map they could send over to me? I ride up ATT often and am looking for some variety.... Don't mind earning my turns, but also don't like to climb for nothing.

Thanks,
Ryan
<<

random walk

Dirt Buddha

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Ryan,

I'm not aware of an official CER up-to-date map of the trails. Those Google doc links posted by Scott A should be a good start.

I, and others, have GPS tracks of rides we've done there that cover pretty much everything. Mine are on Garmin Connect so you can download them if you have an account. If not, I can e-mail some to you -- let me know.

-- Frank --
I'll be Frank with you...
<<

Jess I

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm

ride00 wrote:I was looking for a map of the trails at Crestridge and ran across this forum.

Looks like there was some talk about getting a map together, or digging one up from somewhere. Does anyone have a map they could send over to me? I ride up ATT often and am looking for some variety.... Don't mind earning my turns, but also don't like to climb for nothing.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,

I ride there pretty regularly if you'd like for me to show you around. Just let me know and we can set something up.

Also, I'm really slow.

Jess
--
Jess I
<<

ride00

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't have an account. I should go to the site and check it out.

I've started to look at the links Scott posted, I'm sure there is plenty of info to get out and back to the car.

What kind of riding is out at crestridge? I, like everyone else, am looking for long flowy single track. Any chance of finding that at CER?

If/when you have time shoot me over one of your gps tracks, I'd love to check it out. My curosity has been sparked by J_Showalter, he mentioned CER when I was speaking with him last week. Now that he has planted the seed I'm doing some research and going to go check it out.

Thanks,
Ryan
<<

ride00

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Jess I wrote:
ride00 wrote:I was looking for a map of the trails at Crestridge and ran across this forum.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,

I ride there pretty regularly if you'd like for me to show you around. Just let me know and we can set something up.

Also, I'm really slow.

Jess

Thanks Jess, sounds like a plan. I'm leaving to go out of town soon I'll get in touch with you when I get back.

Is this somewhere you go for an evening ride (after work) or is this more of a weekend trip?

Thanks for the offer,
Ryan
<<

Jess I

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 pm

I usually do weekday evenings there. I start at 6:00 from the Horsemill side and put in a 1.5-2 hour ride. (We have to finish by dusk, as there is no night riding in the reserve).
--
Jess I
<<

random walk

Dirt Buddha

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

ride00 wrote:I don't have an account. I should go to the site and check it out.

I've started to look at the links Scott posted, I'm sure there is plenty of info to get out and back to the car.

What kind of riding is out at crestridge? I, like everyone else, am looking for long flowy single track. Any chance of finding that at CER?

If/when you have time shoot me over one of your gps tracks, I'd love to check it out. My curosity has been sparked by J_Showalter, he mentioned CER when I was speaking with him last week. Now that he has planted the seed I'm doing some research and going to go check it out.

Thanks,
Ryan

There's quite a bit of single track at CER, but you need to connect it up using fire road here and there.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I'm always climbing when I ride there.

Here are a couple tracks. The first one started from Horsemill Rd. and gets off the main fire road for a while on the West half. I also did the far Eastern part (far right) twice so the mileage is a little inflated. There's some additional trail on that side that I did not do.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157586253

The second one (not mine) also starts at Horsemill, uses the fire road pretty much all the way West but hits some fun stuff -- which incidentally isn't part of CER -- just above the Walmart that's off Los Coches Rd. (far left). Lots of riders start from the Walmart side.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/141370763
<<

random walk

Dirt Buddha

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Also, you should take Jess up on the offer to show you around. Not sure I'd believe the "slow" part though.

I might be up for a go at it this week (Wed. or Fri. evenings) or weekend.
<<

Dirtrider

Rebel with a Cause

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm

random walk wrote:
ride00 wrote:I don't have an account. I should go to the site and check it out.

Thanks,
Ryan

There's quite a bit of single track at CER, but you need to connect it up using fire road here and there.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I'm always climbing when I ride there.

Here are a couple tracks. The first one started from Horsemill Rd. and gets off the main fire road for a while on the West half. I also did the far Eastern part (far right) twice so the mileage is a little inflated. There's some additional trail on that side that I did not do.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157586253

The second one (not mine) also starts at Horsemill, uses the fire road pretty much all the way West but hits some fun stuff -- which incidentally isn't part of CER -- just above the Walmart that's off Los Coches Rd. (far left). Lots of riders start from the Walmart side.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/141370763

I agree that it always seems like your climbing there. Went riding with my boys and that's all we did except we came down a trail close to where your second map drops to the road in front of McDonalds.
We now call that trail "the eat Cr@p trail" since between the three of us we went OTB 5 times . There must be more out there but we didn't find it that day.
<<

Los

MTB Guru

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 am

dirtrider, if you went down straight towards the mcdonalds on that one that has a serious rut down the middle the entire length there is an easier way. That one sucks cause you have no choice but to ride that rut and let go of the brakes.

The walmart side of cresteridge is a better option for some steeper terrain, its something to do on a weekend for me and not an evening ride cause it takes me forever to push my bike up :)
Carlos O
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
<<

Scott A

MTB Guru

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:50 am

@Dirtrider: Check also Strava. If you use the "Explore" function you can zoom in on an area and it will show you segments that other riders have created. There are several in the CER area.

http://app.strava.com/segments/explore# ... pe/terrain
Honey badger don't care.

Return to Crestridge Ecological Reserve