interesting

<<

pmo

Singletrack Warrior

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am

interesting

Never saw this in the trailnews or related.

"Thank you to volunteers from the San Diego Mountain Biking Association for their recent
work on some popular riding trails on the west side of Fortuna Mountain. They also
donated about $1,000 worth of native seeds to help restore disturbed areas alongside the
trail"
<<

mtbgurl

Singletrack Warrior

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: interesting

this was done last summer/fall if I remember correctly. They aren't very timely with their "thank you's". :(
Name: Wendi Hoagland
<<

pmo

Singletrack Warrior

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm

mtbgurl wrote:this was done last summer/fall if I remember correctly. They aren't very timely with their "thank you's". :(

One could argue, that being untimely, trumps being left in the dark completely.

I know it was mentioned to me at one point and I expressed my absolute objection. Here's a park, that aside from "allowing free trailwork" to be done, is (beyond the rangers) basically anti-bicycle and is willing to return nothing to the cycling community, even free labor is asked to be done "under the radar".
<<

mtbgurl

Singletrack Warrior

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:09 pm

No one was "left in the dark" per se. It was mentioned on the board email and then discussed at a meeting and voted for.

That being said, I completely agree with the BS that goes on over there and think this "under the radar" crap needs to stop.

Not sure how to fix that problem though with the way things are currently. Definitely a sticky situation that requires some thought and action.
Name: Wendi Hoagland
<<

pmo

Singletrack Warrior

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm

mtbgurl wrote:No one was "left in the dark" per se. It was mentioned on the board email and then discussed at a meeting and voted for.

That being said, I completely agree with the BS that goes on over there and think this "under the radar" crap needs to stop.

Not sure how to fix that problem though with the way things are currently. Definitely a sticky situation that requires some thought and action.

Yoi! I just figured it would be passed on to members (or former members) via trailnews or forum, like other donations.

From my point of view, there are parks who want bikes, work together and are/have been building new trail and are hurting for money.
MTRP Foundation is sitting on what... 2+million?
<<

rodster

Dirt Buddha

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am

SDMBA is active in MTRP maintaining and improving trails. It would be nice if we could influence MTRP Foundation (that exists to benefit and enhance the park) to support the labor and materials SDMBA supplies. Seeds in this case were courtesy of the REI grant. No membership dues or donated funds from private individuals were used to procure them. They are to be used to rehab denuded sections and enhance a more singletrack trail experience.

We need more recreationalists actively involved in Friends groups like MTRP Foundation. Only then will there be a balanced approach to how these non-profits apply their resources.
Rod Simmons, Black Mountain Open Space & SDRP Liaison, rod@sdmba.com, 858-518-2564
Rancho Penasquitos Planning Board, District 6 Rep
Chair Black Mountain Citizen's Advisory Committee
<<

pmo

Singletrack Warrior

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 am

Just curious if the thousand dollar of seeds had stems in it too? If so, bogus deal!
<<

Scott A

MTB Guru

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 am

I seem to remember this coming up a while ago too. And yes, I remember it was REI money.
Honey badger don't care.
<<

EML

MTB Guru

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Scott A wrote:I seem to remember this coming up a while ago too. And yes, I remember it was REI money.

Seed money, so to speak . . . .
Smilies permanently disabled

Return to San Diego Mountain Biking Association