San Diego County Bike ParksAfter over 10 years of advocacy for bike parks in San Diego, there are now two bike parks open in San Diego and several bike park and pump track projects bubbling up around the County in various stages of planning and development.
Follow the Sweetwater Bike Park Facebook page and Instagram for updates.
You can explore all of these projects on this Interactive map of all bike parks open or under consideration in San Diego County
Open Bike Parks:
Sweetwater Bike Park
6057 San Miguel Road, Bonita, CA 91902
Open 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Winter hours); 9:30 am - 7:30 pm (Summer hours); FREE
Weather permitting; any rain will close the park.
The Sweetwater Bike Park opened on January 4, 2020 with over 1000 riders in attendance. Two public community meetings were held in early 2018 to gather input
from the public on this project and many other planning meetings with County staff.
The conceptual design was completed by KTUA and the contract has been awarded to S&B Engineering who will manage the build, and Schneider Grading lent their
artistry to the major elements of the park including 2 flow trails, 3 pump tracks, a small tot track, a wooden feature skills area, rock gardens, and 3 progressive jump lines.
Helmets required. Photo: ShutternSpokes
No dogs or ebikes permitted.
You can also check this County of San Diego webpage for updates on closures due to weather or maintenance.
Sponsorship opportunities are available as well as signage and naming considerations. Contact ExecutiveDirector@sdmba.com for more information.
SDMBA has committed to raising $10,000 annually to support operations and maintenace. You can contribute directly to that effort HERE.
Greg Cox Bike Park
325 Rancho Drive, Chula Vista 91911
Open 8 am - Dusk Daily. FREE
This park opened on April 28, 2021, and is managed by the city of Chula Vista. This park was built by the County of San Diego. The park features a kid track, a modular pump track, two jump lines with wooden features leading into a wallride and one return trail, and a perimeter trail with small drops and rock gardens. Helmets required.
Pacific Highlands Ranch Pumptrack
5977 Village Center Loop Road, San Diego, CA 92130
Pacific Highlands Ranch Pumptrack opened in mid 2019 built by Pardee Homes and is managed by the City of San Diego. This is a concrete surfaced facility with two progressive pumptracks that is open to bikes and skateboards.
OTHER PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT:
- County of San Diego Projects:
- Alpine County Park - in conceptual phase. Public meetings held in 2019 and continue in the fall of 2020.
- Spring Valley All Wheels Park - public meetings held in fall of 2020. Predominately at skate park but designed for bmx, scooters, etc. as well.
- City of Carlsbad - Veterans Memorial Park: several public meetings held in 2018-19. Planning on going.
- City of Escondido - Multiple properties being considered including Mountain View Park. Pumptrack at Jesmond Dene park is approved and funded. Planning is ongoing.
- City of San Marcos - Bradley Park: development in planning phase. Public meetings held in 2019.