Your generosity directly supports the SDMBA & trail advocacy efforts across San Diego County including:
- New trails, existing trail improvements, and bike parks
- Trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and development projects
- Trail equipment, tools, insurance, planning, and staff
- Training, rewarding, and nourishing our hardworking trail volunteers
- Arch Ride, Mt. Laguna Trail Fest, and kids-friendly events
Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
Pitch In For PQ!
We know you love it! PQ needs your help!
We are turning once again to YOU, our generous trails community, seeking your support to raise funds for additional enhancements and projects scheduled for late 2023/early 2024.
**Thanks to an anonymous trail lover, the first $5000 in donations has been matched for double the impact!
Funds raised during the PITCH IN FOR PQ campaign will support repair and improvements at:
- Sycamore Crossing
- Switchback Trail
- Upper Cobbles
- Little Waimea
- Lopez Canyon
Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, fondly referred to as PQ, a beloved trail haven drawing hundreds of outdoor enthusiasts every week. Encompassing over 4,000 acres, this expansive area features a network of trails, including historic ranch roads and scenic creek crossings, catering to mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians, trail runners, and more!
For decades, SDMBA (San Diego Mountain Biking Association) has partnered with City and County staff to improve the trails in the canyon. Trail improvement projects at Duck Pond, Side Hill, Cobbles, and Switchbacks, have received valuable support from SDMBA. In 2016, SDMBA hand-built the Appendix Trail, while more recently completing the vital connectors Deer Creek and Barrel Roll.
Read more about SDMBA's work and advocacy efforts in the area HERE.
The creek crossings within the canyon are particularly vulnerable to seasonal damage, requiring ongoing improvements. Thanks to the generous contributions of individuals and corporate sponsors, SDMBA successfully restored the Wagon Wheel Crossing in late 2022.
Your generous donations will play a crucial role in making Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve even better!
PQ Needs You! Thank you for your generous support so PITCH IN FOR PQ!
Help us reach our goal of $25,000!
The San Diego Mountain Biking Association is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit
Our work is supported by generous donors like YOU!
We are gearing up for a very busy 2023-24 Trail Work season on projects throughout the county from Mount Laguna to Daley Ranch to Chula Vista, Tri-Canyons, Otay Valley Regional Park, Elfin Forest, Penasquitos, Black Mountain and more! When you donate to this general fund, we promise to use your gift where it's needed most. Whether that's covering operating costs, clearing a fallen tree, or buying lumber for a new bridge or a shovel for a volunteer to use, we'll make sure your money has the most impact on our trails and our community.
We want to continue the momentum we have gained into 2023! We will continue to drive our mission forward - Improving Trail Access for Mountain Biking in San Diego County.
- Implement planned trail projects this winter and early spring at Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, Black Mountain, Daley Ranch, Tri-Canyons, Mount Laguna, Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, Florida Canyon, Sweetwater Bike Park & more
- Anticipate and plan for the approval and implementation of the Mount Laguna Trails Restoration Plan by the Cleveland National Forest which includes almost 8 miles of new trails, reroutes & adopting non-system trails (including Wooded Hill) into the system
- Push long-term advocacy efforts for new trails and improvements at Black Mountain Open Space Park, Daley Ranch, Sycamore/Goodan Ranch, Sweetwater Reservoir Loop Trail, Otay Valley Regional Park, Boulder Oaks, US Fish and Wildlife San Diego National Wildlife Refuge, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, Chula Vista Canyon Trails, and more
- Encourage and support Bike Park development and planning with many jurisdictions around the county
- Monitor ebike opportunities and challenges with various agencies and jurisdictions and assist land managers as they navigate evolving policies regarding ebikes
- Engage in ongoing planning processes for long-distance trails such as the Coast to Crest Trail, the Trans-County Trail & the San Diego River Trail with partners and stakeholders
- Encourage mountain bikers to engage on local planning groups, Citizen’s Advisory and Trails committees and with elected officials to ensure our seat at the tables where trail decisions are made
- Provide Trail Education/Etiquette materials and content to our entire trails community
- Be an active and engaged member organization of the California Mountain Biking Coalition
- Monitor issues in our county and regionally that may have an impact on recreational access such as the proposed National Monument in San Diego County and other federal and state regulatory land use efforts
- Collaborate with our community partners such as Girlz Gone Riding and Sprockids to make cycling in San Diego more accessible and equitable for all people
- Plan for MTB community fun at the Archipelago Ride (5/6/23 rescheduled date) and the Mount Laguna Trail Fest (10/13-15/23)
- Advocate for more legal trails for all skill levels and uses in San Diego County!
The San Diego Mountain Biking Association works on a wide variety of advocacy and efforts to improve trail access throughout the County of San Diego.
Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
Please check for SDMBA on your employer's corporate giving platform. SDMBA particpates in Benevity, CyberGrants and more!
Unless otherwise requested all donations go into the general fund. The general fund is used to run the organization, for general advocacy work, purchase tools and equipment for trail work, and other expenses the organization might incur.
Any other questions of support can be directed to Susie Murphy at email@example.com
Thank you very much for your support!