Looking for a bike to rent while in town? Want to test out some bikes before making a big purchase? Renting a mountain bike is a fun, easy, and fast way to get out there on two wheels and enjoy the plethora of trails San Diego has to offer.
Need Friends To Ride With? Join the SDMBA and be instantly connected to thousands of local riders, be the first to hear about volunteer opportunities, and get the inside scoop on local trail news and mountain bike events!
What It Means To Be A Member
- Supporting advocacy efforts for new trails, existing trail improvements, and bike parks
- Funding trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and development projects
- Supporting operating costs including trail equipment, tools, insurance, planning, and staff
- Training and rewarding, and nourishing our hardworking trail volunteers
- Planning events including the Arch Ride, Mt. Laguna Trail Fest, and kids-friendly events
- Playing your part in building a legacy of legal trails in San Diego County
San Diego Bike Rental Locations
*Bikes are limited in availability, please call ahead to ensure your bike adventure goes smoothly.*
REI - San Diego
Booking a rental with REI is easy at https://sandiego.rentals.rei.com/portal/
REI Members can rent full suspensions for $65 for the first night and $42 for each additional night. Because we rent nightly, not hourly, one could get in two days of riding on a modern trail bike for just $65. Hardtails range from $40 to $50 for the first night depending on the model.
We recommend booking a reservation a week in advance on the online platform, but we rent same day too. Please call REI at (858) 279-4400 for same day availability and reservations.
Book a rental and learn more here https://mtb.alterexperiences.com/
Explore Mt. Laguna. Spend a day riding along the trails & meadows of Mt. Laguna. The Cleveland National Forest features a vast network of trails to explore & enjoy.
Mt. Laguna is a very popular MTB destination with numerous trails to choose from - for both novice and experienced bikers alike. If you are new to mountain biking, or want to try the latest MTB equipment, Alter Experiences is your one-stop-shop for bike and equipment rentals in Mt. Laguna.