The San Diego Mountain Biking Association is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and our work is supported by generous donors like YOU!
We are gearing up for a very busy 2021-22 Trail Work season on projects throughout the county from Mount Laguna to Daley Ranch to Chula Vista and more! When you donate to this general fund, we promise to use your gift where it's needed most. Whether that's covering operating costs, clearing a fallen tree, or buying a shovel for a volunteer to use, we'll make sure your money has the most impact on our trails and our community.
Past contributions and grants have allowed us to purchase and maintain a mini-excavator, a motorized wheelbarrow, a plate compactor, a water buffalo and water distribution equipment, and loads of hand tools and materials to help us maintain and build trails. In addition, your support provides resources for our staff and our volunteer trail experts to partner with user groups, land managers, and policy makers to improve access and your trail experience. Learn more about current projects here past projects here.
Goals for 2021 and beyond:
- New trail connectors and trail maintenance at Black Mountain Open Space Park
- Partnering with the City of Escondido and other community partners on improvements at Daley Ranch including a Master Trails Plan
- Working closely with the Cleveland National Forest the Mount Laguna Trails Restoration Project
- Trail improvements at La Costa Preserve in Partnership with the Center for Natural Lands Management
- Trail improvements in Chula Vista as part of the Rice and Snake Canyon Loop Trail Pilot Program
- Trail improvements in the Tri Canyon area
- Monitoring county trails plans and projects slated to be funded such as Sycamore Goodan Ranch, Sweetwater Reservoir Loop Trail, Otay Valley Regional Park, Boulder Oaks, and more
- Assisting with new trail construction and improvement projects at San Dieguito River Park
- Bike Park development and planning with many jurisdictions around the county
- Re-booting the Trail Bell Program throughout the county
- Continuing Trail Education/Etiquette efforts to our trails community
- Joining with our community partners to make cycling in San Diego more accessible and equitable for all people
- Joining forces with other trail advocates around California as part of the California Mountain Biking Coalition
- Our top priority always is advocating for more legal trails for all skill levels in San Diego County!
To arrange a donation off-line or to discuss other options for support such as donations of stock, please contact Renee Halsch at email@example.com
Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
Unless otherwise requested all donations go into the general fund. The general fund is used to run the organization, for general advocacy work, purchase tools and equipment for trail work, and other expenses the organization might incur.
Any other questions of support can be directed to Susie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your support!
Become a member! In addition to meeting great people and supporting a great cause, there are many benefits generously provided by our sponsors.