Your generosity directly supports the SDMBA & trail advocacy efforts across San Diego County including:
- New trails, existing trail improvements, and bike parks
- Trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and development projects
- Trail equipment, tools, insurance, planning, and staff
- Training, rewarding, and nourishing our hardworking trail volunteers
- Arch Ride, Mt. Laguna Trail Fest, and kids-friendly events
Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
The San Diego Mountain Biking Association is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit
Our work is supported by generous donors like YOU!
We are gearing up for a very busy 2022-23 Trail Work season on projects throughout the county from Mount Laguna to Daley Ranch to Chula Vista, Tri-Canyons, Elfin Forest, Penasquitos and more! When you donate to this general fund, we promise to use your gift where it's needed most. Whether that's covering operating costs, clearing a fallen tree, or buying lumber for a new bridge or a shovel for a volunteer to use, we'll make sure your money has the most impact on our trails and our community.
Past contributions and grants have allowed us to purchase and maintain a mini-excavator, a motorized wheelbarrow, a plate compactor, a water buffalo and water distribution equipment, and loads of hand tools and materials to help us maintain and build trails. In addition, your support provides resources for our staff and our volunteer trail experts to partner with user groups, land managers, and policymakers to improve access and your trail experience. Learn more about the impact of our work HERE.
We want to continue the momentum we have gained into 2023! We will continue to drive our mission forward - Improving Trail Access for Mountain Biking in San Diego County.
- Implement planned trail projects this winter and early spring at Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, Black Mountain, Daley Ranch, Tri-Canyons, Mount Laguna, Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, Florida Canyon, Sweetwater Bike Park & more
- Anticipate and plan for the approval and implementation of the Mount Laguna Trails Restoration Plan by the Cleveland National Forest which includes almost 8 miles of new trails, reroutes & adopting non-system trails (including Wooded Hill) into the system
- Push long-term advocacy efforts for new trails and improvements at Black Mountain Open Space Park, Daley Ranch, Sycamore/Goodan Ranch, Sweetwater Reservoir Loop Trail, Otay Valley Regional Park, Boulder Oaks, US Fish and Wildlife San Diego National Wildlife Refuge, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, Chula Vista Canyon Trails, and more
- Encourage and support Bike Park development and planning with many jurisdictions around the county
- Monitor ebike opportunities and challenges with various agencies and jurisdictions and assist land managers as they navigate evolving policies regarding ebikes
- Engage in ongoing planning processes for long-distance trails such as the Coast to Crest Trail, the Trans-County Trail & the San Diego River Trail with partners and stakeholders
- Encourage mountain bikers to engage on local planning groups, Citizen’s Advisory and Trails committees and with elected officials to ensure our seat at the tables where trail decisions are made
- Provide Trail Education/Etiquette materials and content to our entire trails community
- Be an active and engaged member organization of the California Mountain Biking Coalition
- Monitor issues in our county and regionally that may have an impact on recreational access such as the proposed National Monument in San Diego County and other federal and state regulatory land use efforts
- Collaborate with our community partners such as Girlz Gone Riding and Sprockids to make cycling in San Diego more accessible and equitable for all people
- Plan for MTB community fun at the Archipelago Ride (4/1/22), Cuyamaca Poker Ride (6/11/23) and the Mount Laguna Tral Fest (10/13-15/23)
- Advocate for more legal trails for all skill levels and uses in San Diego County!
The San Diego Mountain Biking Association works on a wide variety of advocacy and efforts to improve trail access throughout the County of San Diego.
To arrange a donation off-line or to discuss other options for support such as donations of stock, please contact email@example.com
Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
Please check for SDMBA on your employer's corporate giving platform. SDMBA particpates in Benevity, CyberGrants and more!
Unless otherwise requested all donations go into the general fund. The general fund is used to run the organization, for general advocacy work, purchase tools and equipment for trail work, and other expenses the organization might incur.
Any other questions of support can be directed to Susie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your support!
One-Time Gifts and Monthly Recurring, Tax-Deductible Donations are greatly appreciated!
What It Means To Be A Member
- Supporting advocacy efforts for new trails, existing trail improvements, and bike parks
- Funding trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and development projects
- Supporting operating costs including trail equipment, tools, insurance, planning, and staff
- Training and rewarding, and nourishing our hardworking trail volunteers
- Planning events including the Arch Ride, Mt. Laguna Trail Fest, and kids-friendly events
- Playing your part in building a legacy of legal trails in San Diego County
Simply put, we could not do this without our members, volunteers, and donors; the lifeblood of our organization. Thank you!